A Team Week 153 was anything but ordinary. First of all the week started off with the Great American Eclipse...
"The ‘Great American Eclipse’ as it has been called was a truly spectacular event for millions of people. This much anticipated eclipse was the most watched, most photographed and most televised astronomical event of a generation. The path of totality began in the middle of the North Pacific Ocean then race across no less than 14 states of the USA from West to East plunging the landscape in to darkness for a over 2 minutes. The corridor of the Moon’s shadow will reached over 70 miles in width. Millions of Americans lived within easy reach of the total phase of this eclipse known as totality. Countless more made travel plans across the United States for a chance to witness these precious couple of minutes of beauty and wonder.
A rare aspect of this eclipse is that the path of totality occurs over just one country. This was America’s eclipse. The 2017 eclipse finally ended a little over 300 miles SSW of Cape Verde." -http://www.americaneclipse2017.org
 |
| Eric's picture of the eclipse from home through his telescope. |
Eric really wanted me to agree to drive south to see the eclipse in its totality and while I would have loved to oblige, due it happening right in between our summer vacation and school starting I didn't think we should make the trip or take the time off (he is already planning our trip for the next one in 2024). While we did stay in Wisconsin for the event, that did not keep us from joining the rest of the country in the experience. We both took a few minutes from work to see the eclipse in the 80ish % totality that it happened here and Eric even went to daycare with a special viewing box he made so that Asher could see it too (Avery was asleep). While it was no where near as awesome as it would have been in complete totality, it was still fun to be a part of the excitement that for a few days at least bonded our country and took our focuses off of politics and other national matters.

 |
| Asher with his daycare friends and the pinhole projector boxes they made to see the eclipse...but it was too cloudy. |
 |
| The boys made some eclipse artwork that day at daycare. I really loved how Asher's turned out. :) |
After Monday, the rest of the week was out of the ordinary because I was busier than usual at work as I finished up a project. Thus, I had brief moments shared with my boys, but Eric was able to spend a little more time with them on the evenings when I worked later.
 |
| Super Avery! |
 |
| Busy parents = easy dinners...and this night was even easier because Avery insisted on making a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich all by himself! |
On Wednesday I worked a long day instead of taking my normal day off with the boys because daycare was going to be closed on Thursday. When the typical workday was done, Eric picked up the boys and had a boys' night for the evening while I continued to work. From the pictures I got, it looks like they had a pretty fun time together checking out a school that Eric worked on.
Video: Future Soccer Stars!
 |
| Dinner in Georgie Porgie's Treehouse! |
On Thursday I stayed home with the boys for the day (my last day alone with them before Asher starts school) and I was happy I'd worked hard the day before because it allowed me to enjoy my time with the boys (and not worry about work) that much more! The reason that daycare was closed for the day was because earlier in the month the teenage daughter of the lady that watches the boys was hurt playing soccer and after getting an MRI earlier in the week they were going to meet with some surgeons to figure out the best approach to fixing her knee. Since both of the boys have loved her as a Big Sister (or even a bit of a crush) since they were babies we thought we would leave a surprise at her house for her to find when they got home that day. First, we went to Meijer and bought some balloons, and then we went home and made some chocolate chip cookies to leave on her porch...
 |
| My little helpers |
 |
| Cracking eggs for the cookies |
 |
| Taste testing our finished product to make sure they were safe to give away! ;) |
 |
| Driving our surprises to Kaylin's house. |
 |
| Asher (who knew all day that the balloons were not for him) was upset when we gave the balloons away because I wouldn't let him have one. Thus, he refused to get in the picture. |
On Friday night, I again worked late to finish up my project while the boys had some time together.
Finally, it was the weekend and life could get back to 'ordinary' with some relaxing time at home and the typical shenanigans of little boys...
 |
| On Saturday Eric found the boys rigging this up in the backyard, so he decided to help them out... |
 |
| ...and rig this up instead. |
(2) Videos: #boyshenanigans
Video: Avery...Good Boooyyy!
No comments:
Post a Comment