Thursday, September 7, 2017

Our Crystal Anniversary

On August 10th, Eric and I celebrated our 15th (or crystal) anniversary by enjoying a much-needed day off from work and parenting together!  It was a great day and went by much too quickly!...

After I pretended to leave for work and Eric dropped the boys off at daycare, I gave Eric his gift and then we headed to the movie theater for the first show of the day!  I've never been to a movie so early in the day before but it was kind of nice.  We saw the newest Planet of the Apes movie (which was better than I'd anticipated) and were done before it was even noon!



My gift to him: A crystal ball with the sun and planets inside...Since there is no one else in the entire universe that I'd rather spend my life with!  I also gave him a printed diagram of the night sky constellations from the evening of our first date. 

After the movie, we headed back home where I was able to open my gift...

Crystal wrapping paper...Eric said the people at Hobby Lobby said he made their first purchase of Christmas wrapping paper for the year!  ;)


My gifts from Eric: A Crystal Ball picture frame and another Crystal ball with a coupon for a couple's massage later that day...and my masseuse was going to be named Crystal, but she apparently couldn't come in until we would have had to pick up the boys.

After the movie and the gifts, we headed downtown for a great lunch at La Fogata, where we each enjoyed some awesome tacos and then I devoured a delicious fried ice cream sundae!!

This is supposed to be the "small" sundae

When we were completely filled up, we headed west to Action Territory for a fun afternoon of Go Karts and Mini Golf.





After two rounds of go karts and 18 holes of mini golf we headed to Body Wise in Kenosha for our couple's massage.  It.Was.Wonderful (thanks babe!).

So that was our day together, but our fun didn't end there.  At 5:00 we headed to daycare to pick up the boys.  Then we went back to Action Territory.  When we had been there earlier that day we realized it was about the same price to purchase the go karts and mini golf separately as it was to purchase an all day pass for $25.  Therefore, we purchased the pass and then when we had the boys we only had to pay an extra $2.50 for each of them to ride the go karts with us.  They were pretty excited and Eric and I were happy to find out that the double go karts are significantly faster than the singles were (which were painfully slow and didn't allow us to have any real competition).
Avery oogling at the prices at Action Territory

Little man and I ready to go for a drive




Eric & Asher ready to drive too!




I love the look on Avery's face here.  He was having a blast!
We did one round of go karts and then it started to rain and the go kart track was shut down.  Since we couldn't drive around until the rain stopped we headed inside and "played" some video games (we only pretended to play the games) and then went across the street to McDonalds to pick up some dinner for the boys.  Then, when the rain had stopped we went back to Action Territory for more laps around the track.
On our way out of the park we saw possibly the fullest and most brilliant rainbow I've ever seen and on top of that it was a double rainbow!


Asher 'playing' the Batman video game

Avery 'playing' the Batman video game

I took the pedals while Asher took the steering wheel.

Asher & Avery playing on the light table at McDonalds




This time Asher rode with me and Avery rode with Eric!  I floored it the entire time and when we were all done Asher said I was the better driver of the family!  ;P





So that was our 15th anniversary.  It was a great day giving me one-on-one time with my guy and some fun time with my little men.  I can't believe that 15 years have already passed.  It has been an amazing adventure so far and I can't wait to see what the next 15 years bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment