Wednesday, October 4, 2017

A Team Week 157: The Plague

From the second week of Asher being in school to present, our family has been struggling with colds.  I seem to have taken the brunt of it, but each of us have had our fun with congestion, sore throats, etc.  I think we've purchased more Kleenex in the past few weeks than in the rest of the year combined!  Desipte that, there was much to do this week.  First,  there was work/school/daycare.  I was also able to visit my project site near Sheboygan for the first time since the Spring and see the progress that has taken place.  Always a favorite part of my job!






Asher's class on Monday picking out their library books

Learning about respect in their "Guidance" lesson
Side Note: Last year Eric bought a small raspberry plant on clearance at Meijer at the end of the season and we planted it next to our back porch.  A year later, it is at least 10 times the size that it was when we got it and is quickly taking over our flower bed.  We've been enjoying the sweet treats for several weeks now!  :) Yum!

Facebook Post from Wednesday (only 1/2 way through the week)...
The highs and lows of parenting so far this week...
highs...
-Avery ate his dinner almost every night so far this week🤗🍛
-Asher let Eric drop him off at school without making him get out of the car🤗📚

-Avery, "Mommy, you my best friend." 😍
lows...
-Asher asking if we could pick him up from after school care earlier so he doesn't have to be the last one there😓
-Emma pooping on the carpet💩
-Asher giving me my first ever kid-to-mom eye roll🙄
-Avery biting my booty...quite literally...he was playing 'shark'😩


Once we made it through that part of the week we got to Friday, where Avery and I enjoyed a productive morning together and then were joined by Asher in the afternoon as I worked to prepare for Avery's birthday party the next day. 
Darth Avery at Meijer.

Finally using the laminator I got for Christmas to make a pizza game for the party.
Side Story: Today Avery threw a fit that the spoon I gave him is purple (which is his FAVORITE color) AND blue...not just purple. He insisted that he did not want that one because he "doesn't like boo." I school him that that purple wouldn't exist without blue and that it takes blue and red to make purple and he then decided he can use the blue and purple spoon!  #parentwin #toddlernegotiations #schooled

Special 'Spooky' afternoon treats!



Working on Avery's birthday cake for his Ninja Turtle party.  Before I had the purple frosting on the cake, he was upset because I hadn't make the "Purple Ninja Turtle"...because anyone that talks to him knows that he "loves Purple!".  :)


It was a HOT day for baking a cake in the house!

On Friday night, we went out for dinner at Potbelly and then allowed the boys to stay up a little later to wait for Grandma and Papa to arrive for the weekend.
The sun setting was HUGE on the way to Potbelly Friday night...the picture doesn't do it justice.

When Saturday morning arrived, I worked on preparing for the party while the boys shared some fun time with Grandma and Papa.  Then in the afternoon it was time to party, but for that you'll have to wait on another post. 
Avery helping Grandma make applesauce on Saturday morning.


Avery practicing his Ninja Turtle moves before his party


Video: Hot Fall Fun
This weekend happened to also be incredibly HOT for the first weekend of fall.  

The boys & I playing with Avery's new birthday presents.



On Sunday morning it was Avery's 3rd birthday and since we were exhausted from the festivities the day before and still struggling with the illnesses that I fear will plague us until the boys graduate from high school, we kept it pretty simple for the day.  First, we went to church with my parents.  The day prior Asher discovered a clip-on tie and some dress-up shoes that he had gotten as hand-me-downs from a cousin.  That night he picked out everything he wanted to where to church on Sunday and laid it out.  First thing on Sunday morning he was dressed up very sharp and ready to go.  What a Stud!


It was pretty fitting that this picture showed up as a Facebook memory on Saturday night AFTER Asher had picked out his spiffy church clothes for the next day! ;)  Eric had posted this 5 years prior and said, "Asher's first tie. He seems WAY too happy about it (probably because it's a clip on)"

Our "Summer" family picture
The boys with Grandma & Papa

After our morning at church, we headed to Cracker Barrel for a late breakfast with my parents before they headed back home.



Love both of these guys! <3




After our late breakfast, we took some much-needed (looooong) naps and then had some lazy birthday fun with our now three year old.
Playing with his new jet ski in the pool

For Avery's birthday treat we took advantage of the hot Fall day and enjoyed some ice cream outside of Culver's, where the boys ate as Ninja Turtles.  Afterwards, we went home and let Avery unwrap his presents from us before having a little more time to play before it was bedtime.
Birthday treats at Culver's!


"Happy To You"



Video: Ninja Moves at Culvers

Video: "Happy to Avery!"

Video: "Not a Messy Ninja Turtle"


I love the look on Avery's face in this one! :P

Avery's first big boy Legos!  A momentous occasion in this family!


Not sure what is going on here but it makes me laugh!

"Not Quite Narwhal" One of our new favorite books.







Finally, it was time for bed and time to wrap up another week and another birthday!  Avery and I enjoyed a special snuggle as we read his new books, enjoyed some Facebook funny face photos and talked about his favorite things at age three...but I'll get to that another time...




2 comments:

  1. Laminators are awesome! I use mine all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! You are the reason I got a laminator in the first place! ;)

      Delete