Tuesday, October 24, 2017

A Team Week 160: Therapy

After the darkness and dreariness of the week before, this week we focused on some therapeutic time together as a family...including a week full of coloring (which I find very calming), snuggles, finding Halloween costumes for the boys, enjoying a family movie night at the theater and more.  It was a simple week, but just what the doctor ordered.
Coloring with Avery.  (Mine)

(Avery's)


Monday night Asher decided that the cup cabinet needed to be reorganized and spent well over an hour straightening it up and rearranging everything.  When he started to move around my nice dishes, I had to put a stop to it!  He may look more like Eric but the fact that he is spending his free time tonight reorganizing the cup cabinet means he is all mine!  At one point he even called me over saying, "Mommy you need to come look at this so that you will know where everything goes."

Friday Wednesday Night Lights

Asher looking really enthused as he works with his 4th Grade reading buddy at school.







Avery sporting Papa's hat.


The final selections: Optimus Prime & Darth Vader 



Video: "Do You Like My Moves?"
Avery shows off his Vader moves.




Video: "Do You Know Who I Am?"
The weekend prior to this Eric & I rented the newest Transformers movie and Eric showed Asher (who is into transformers lately) one scene from it showing Optimus Prime say, "Do you know how I am?"  Ever since, Asher has been saying it and now he has the costume to match!

Side Story: After this, Asher & I came up with the following knock knock joke which I am embarrassingly proud of:
Knock knock
Who's there?
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime who?
"Do you know who I am!?!?"

Tonight we taught Asher about the special medicine called “Placebo”
(We put some Vick's vapor rub on him to make him feel like we were doing something wonderfully helpful to make him feel better (he had a slight cold).  When asked what it was called Eric told him "Placebo")



On Sunday at nap time, Avery wasn't overly keen on actually sleeping and instead was  reminded to get back into bed SEVERAL times.  Eventually I gave up and just went to sleep.  When I got up, he was playing by his door and when I looked down I saw this mini skateboard on the hallway side of the door and little hand reaching under trying to retrieve it.

On Saturday (which was a very rainy day) we told the boys that we would do something fun after nap time.  We had planned to take them to the Ninjago Movie, but when we got up from our naps we realized that the movie was already sold out (which is why we went out and bought costumes instead).  Thus on Sunday afternoon (after a long day at home because we skipped church due to Avery's nasty cough and disgusting nose) we needed to get out of the house and we decided to make up for it and took them to the movie to finish out our week.




Video: Mommy is ALWAYS Right
On Saturday night Asher wanted to wear his new costume while eating dinner.  I asked him to take it off so that he didn't spill on it and while he did take it off he also angrily informed me that he wouldn't spill.  A few minutes later, he smiled and said, "Mommy I'm glad you told me to take my costume off because I spilled.  You were right."  On Sunday Asher made a precarious tower of small boxes with all of his crayons and markers at the top as a new way to store his supplies.  When he showed it to me, I told him that while it looked cool it wasn't very sturdy and the markers and crayons were likely going to spill all over the floor and make a big mess.  Again, he informed me that I was wrong.  That evening, he went into his room, knocked the boxes and spilled the supplies all over.  Then he again told me that I was right and proceeded to tell me that he should always listen to Mommy because every time he says that I am wrong it turns out that I am right...at that point I got out my phone to get it on video for his teenage years...

No comments:

Post a Comment