This week we enjoyed a whole lot of Fall fun. So much so that I am going to break it into 2-3 posts to not overwhelm (too much) with loads of pictures...
We finally got to enjoy some fall comfort food. When the boys found out that we were having chicken pot pie for dinner that evening they both immediately began whining and telling me how much they hate it. So, I decided to try and get them to eat it by making it look like something fun. When Asher came in and saw the pie before I put it in the oven he said, "I want to eat that!" Thus, my plan worked...at least the first time around. Leftovers...not so much.
 |
| Avery getting a pre-bedtime ride from Daddy. (He was having fun until the word bedtime was uttered). |
Video: Asher's Story
Asher "reading" me the book that he "wrote" earlier that evening.
October is also Fire Safety Month and earlier in the month Asher had Fire Safety Week at school. Below is the safety plan he drew. Apparently to get to our safety meeting spot we have to go out into the backyard, up and over the tree and then somewhere down the street all while trying not to be attacked by the giant red bird outside! ;)

On Thursday, Asher and his class got to go on his very first school field trip to Swan's Pumpkin Farm! Every night we have a very difficult time getting Asher to tell us about his day. He is tired and just doesn't really want to talk much. Therefore on Wednesday night we warned him that we were going to want to know all about his field trip the next day. That morning, I reminded him again and the stinker said, "I'll tell you about it IF you let me play on the playground when you come pick me up tonight." That night when I picked him up he didn't say anything to me about it as he got settled in the car and was happily showing me the pumpkin and gourd he got on his outing. As soon as I pulled out the parking lot and asked for more details though he quickly replied, "I can't tell you. You didn't let me play on the playground." Well played Asher, well played.

On Friday, Avery and I ran some errands. For almost 8 years now I have been working the same pair of shoes to work every.single.day! I have been trying to find a new pair for a long time but still haven't found any I like that fit my terrible feet. These shoes at Rogans fit like a glove and literally had my name written on them! ...I still haven't been able to get myself to commit to the price though, but they are still on my mind! ;)
Even though it was mid-fall, on Friday we also enjoyed an incredible summer-like day. It was in the mid 70's with sunny skies! After our errands, Avery and I picked up Asher from school and the boys had some fun on the playground before we headed back home.
 |
| Every time I pick up Asher I get a kick out of the personal bubbles that we keep. As the parents and families of the kids wait for them outside, they are spread all over the asphalt equally spaced from one another, making sure not to infringe on anyone else's personal space. I can't help but think there is some sort of Architectural Studio project in that. |
 |
| Apparently Asher thought it was summery on Friday too...here he is pretending to Water Ski on the playground equipment! |
Finally, the boys and I finished out the school/work week with a hike and scavenger hunt through Petrified Springs Park. We searched for leaves, sticks, acorns and more, enjoyed the warmth and sunshine and then finished off with some fun on the playground. When it was time to go we headed back home to meet up with Daddy and later Grammy and Gramps to start our fun weekend together...but more on that another time...
 |
| Love this pic! |
 |
| Showing me their muscles. :) |
 |
| Brotherly Love |
 |
| Asher showing me how strong he is! |
 |
| Investigating a leaky pipe in the woods. |
 |
| Paying a "drum set" |
 |
| "King of the World!" |
 |
| You can't leave Pet's without throwing some sticks into the river. |
 |
| Racing to the playground |
 |
| His face is SOOOO filthy!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment