Wednesday, October 2, 2019

A2H 2019.34: Grandma's in Town

During the week of August 19-25th Grandma came to visit!  We spent Monday through Wednesday  on our own and then my mom came down on Wednesday morning to spend a few days with us.
Baby girl trying on her dress for family pictures at the end of the week.

Video: Hazel Practicing Crawling
At the time of me writing this post, this video was taken about a month and a half ago and she has come a long way.  Now she is pretty fast but back then she would rock back and forth on her hands and launch herself as far as she could to give herself a bit of a head start.



Grandma arrived on Wednesday a little after lunch and headed straight to daycare to pick up the boys and go swimming.  They were going to go to the city pool (which according to the website was still open), but upon arrival they realized it had already closed for the season.  After contacting me, I gave her directions to the new SC Johnson Pool in Racine and they headed up there for a few hours while I sat at my desk at work for the rest of the afternoon.



The next day Eric, Hazel and I again headed off to work and daycare while the boys hung out with Grandma for the day.  They had fun playing at home and all over Kenosha as they visited the Dream Playground, Scoops for a yummy treat, the splash pad, marina and McDonald's for dinner and more fun on the play place.














That night, while Grandma and the boys had their fun, Eric, Hazel and I enjoyed a quiet dinner at Panera together.  It was a little unplanned date (with Hazel) and as always was greatly appreciated.

Video: Hazel Tries a Pickle
While at Panera, Eric shared his pickle with Hazel.  She's a fan.

On Friday, all of the kids stayed home with Grandma and I and then at lunchtime Eric came home early from work so that he and I could enjoy a little belated anniversary date in Lake Geneva.
For the life of me, I cannot recall where Avery and I were when this picture was taken, or what we are doing?!

In Lake Geneva, Eric and I enjoyed the Ice Cream Social Boat Tour complete with hot fudge sundaes and some incredibly huge residences to view (perfect for this architect!).




It's a good thing we had prepaid for our boat tickets, otherwise Eric and I may have just opted to spend our kid-free afternoon napping!



After our cruise, Eric and I spent the rest of our afternoon walking around downtown, checking out the shops and having dinner at Sprecher's.








FB Post: BIG thanks to my mom for giving Eric and I an afternoon together for a late anniversary celebration. @ Lake Geneva, Wisconsin

While we were enjoying some adult conversations in Lake Geneva, my mom was having fun (I hope) back home with the kids.










Video: Avery & Hazel


On Saturday, we had to say our goodbyes to Grandma, but that didn't keep us from enjoying the rest of our week!
Sibling Snuggles

FB Post: Taking the train 🚂 to the library 📚 #littlemisssunshine #brothersisterlove




So much love between these two! <3
Video: The Train to the Library

Sleepy Girl.

Checking out the shoe section at Meijer!

Daddy found me some sparkly boots!

At the Pets Park Party.  A UFO Bounce House...the boys said it smelled like feet and BO inside :( Hazel and I stayed in the fresh air!


Video: Jumbo Jenga


Pulling grass.  Her favorite outdoor activity.









On Sunday, we finished off the end of our week with a family photo shoot at the lake followed up with some ice cream.  It was a great time except for the moment that Avery ran out in front of a car!!  That was the scariest moment of my life to date.  Thankfully, he is fine and (hopefully) learned a very important lesson!







In closing...the results of our photo shoot by Ethan Corrigan of E3 Media.

















No comments:

Post a Comment