On Tuesday (August 27) Hazel sported her adorable summer tank and piggies! I know I'm biased, but Eric and I made some REALLY cute kids! ;)
![]() |
| Silly, happy girl! |
On Wednesday night we attended the Open House at Asher's school to drop off his school supplies, check out his classroom and locker and meet his new teacher...
and on Thursday night we attended the Open House at Avery's school to do the same!
Video: Hazels' Fart Noises
While they boys are learning through school, Hazel is learning as well by trying out new things. This week her favorite thing was making fart noises. Her chin was a constant waterfall of drool! :P
When we were all done at Avery's school Thursday night, we headed off for a late drive to Michigan for the Labor Day Weekend (more on that to come). When the weekend was over, it was time for Asher's new school year to begin, which means First Day of School Pictures!! :) (Indoor this year because it was raining out)
![]() |
| FB Post: A rainy first day means pictures inside! Hoping second grade is awesome!! #KUSDfirstday |
![]() |
| He always wants her right beside him. #futurepartnersincrime |
![]() |
| Asher with his new class |
In addition to making fart noises, Hazel also learned to clap this week and several weeks later as I write this she still loves to clap when she is happy about something. On this night (September 3) when she caught sight of me after daycare she started to clap...❤️...and after forgetting my pumping supplies at home this morning all I could think was “me too baby girl, me too.”
(2) Videos: Brothers Make a Baby Laugh
On Wednesday, while the kids were at school and daycare, I headed off for my own adventure...flying in a tiny plane with my boss to a meeting in Door County!
![]() |
| FB Post: Every once in a while work looks a little bit different than the norm |
When Friday afternoon came, Asher had officially survived his first week of school and that afternoon he and Avery decided to "cook" up a surprise for me while I put Hazel down for a nap. I'd like to say that I was a good mom and gobbled it all up, but I can't. The combination of applesauce, mushy bananas, sugar and peanut butter just wasn't appealing to me, must to the boys' dismay. Sorry boys.
![]() |
| FB Post: So while I put hazel down for a nap the boys were “cooking” up a surprise for me. Am I a terrible mom that I didn’t try it? Applesauce, bananas, chocolate, sugar and peanut butter just wasn’t overly appealing to me at the moment. #worstmomever #momsapickyeatertoo |
With school out of the way for the week the weekend was officially underway. Facing the fact that the boys sharing a room has never gone as smoothly as we'd hoped, Eric and I finally bit the bullet and decided to switch their room with our office to give them more space. It definitely was not the relaxing weekend that we all needed, but with a lot of hard work we got the job done and the results have been favorable (other than the cave-like office that Eric and I now share).
![]() |
| Eric disassembling the boys' bunk bed. |
![]() |
| Our little helper. This project would have been MUCH easier if we had done it earlier in the summer BEFORE our little lady was mobile and getting into EVERYTHING! |
![]() |
| FB Post: Old houses weren’t made for moving furniture |
![]() |
| We got it in! (after removing some base trim on the walls) |
Video: Crawling Baby
![]() |
| The boys' new room. |
![]() |
| The Cave (a work in progress) |
On Saturday, after a long day of work and very little time with our kids, we headed out to Cheddar's for a nice family meal together.
Then on Sunday we finished out the week with more hard work as we tried to get the house back in order before a new week of chaos began!
![]() |
| FB Post: Reorganizing the house with a mobile baby is quite challenging and after catching her trying to eat a watch battery that I have no idea where it came from I found a good solution... |







































No comments:
Post a Comment