Friday, March 6, 2020

A2H: 2020.03: The Sun's Not Always Shining

Even though we have a Little Miss Sunshine in our lives, the sun is not always shining.  We have bad days and we have painful moments.  This week (Jan. 13-19) had a few and it started right off the bat on Monday morning when I dropped Avery off for school.  Ever since Christmas break, Avery had been having a tough time going to school.  Prior to Christmas this was never really an issue (after the very first day at least), but after Christmas something changed.  I'm not sure if it was the two week period that he didn't have to attend school at all, or the significantly more family time that we had during the period but starting January 6th when school resumed he had no interest in attending and would cry every morning.  The first week back was tough but by the end of the week he was doing better.  Then the weekend came and on this Monday morning he went back to Square One, or possibly even somewhere before Square One.  I left his school and headed to work that morning with his teacher holding him so that he could not run after me and tears welling up in my eyes.  It is on days like this that being a working mom is especially hard.  :(

The next day thankfully Eric dropped Avery off at school so that I didn't have to endure a repeat of the day before.  However, I did still have to deal with the tears of one of my children as I took Hazel to her 12 month well-visit, where she got a new round of shots.  She was TICKED, but recovered fairly quickly.  I know it is for her own good, but watching my babies in pain and holding them still so that more pain can be placed upon them (even for their own good) is not easy on a momma.



As the week continued things got sunnier.  Avery kept getting better and better with going to school and we were thankful for his teacher, Mrs. Fischer, who kept us up to date on how he was doing and made sure to give him helper jobs as soon as we got there to distract him from our leaving.

On Wednesday night, Eric and I dropped the kids off at Awana and took our little peanut to Panera for a quiet dinner date.  It was a nice break from the hard moments of the week.
FB Post: Wednesday nights are date night for us while the boys are at AWANA, but tonight I’m feeling like the 3rd wheel #littlemisssunshine #daddysgirl


Video: Happy Birthday to Grandma
Hazel and I called to wish Grandma a Happy Birthday

On Friday our weekend began and my Little Miss Sunshine and I were able to enjoy our first quiet Friday morning together in several weeks.
We called Grandma

We read some books and straightened up.

We tried out Hazel's new stroller to go and pick up Asher.
FB Post: That moment that you go to use your new stroller and realize you have no idea how to open it! 🤦🏼‍♀️ #thankfulforthehelpofrandomstrangers



That night, we all headed out for dinner as a family and enjoyed a quiet meal together as snow came down and kept others from going out.


FB Post: Like Father Like Daughter #daddysgirl #littlemisssunshine @ Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen



When Saturday and Sunday came, we tried to relax as much as possible to close out the week but since both boys were invited to friends' birthday parties, our time was limited.

She is looking like such a Big Girl all of a sudden!  Where did my baby go?

Big Brother + Little Sister = :)

Coloring Kiddos.  These days Hazel wants to do EVERYTHING that her big brothers get to do!


Eric and Asher were excited to find that the Icee machine at Meijer was finally back up and running after being broken for months!  


Avery on the climbing wall at KidWise Playspace.

Avery waiting patiently for his chance to get some cake! ;)


On Saturday night Eric took the boys to a place that lets you play video games for fairly cheap.  It was a fun idea, but sounds like it was a bit more stressful than he would have liked, since neither of the boys really know much about video games yet.


Avery was excited to get a "knitting thing" from Grammy.  It is actually cross stitch, but he calls it knitting AND Grammy thought it was a bigger version like something Asher has but it is a real needle and thread....which means that I am helping Avery work on it (VERY SLOWLY).

When life's not sunny, there is still this little sunshine. <3



Me enjoying the warmth of the sunshine through the windows.

Hazel dressed to cheer on the Packers (who didn't fair so well that Sunday).







Eric at his friend Parker's birthday party.

Avery and I working (together?) on his cross stich

No comments:

Post a Comment