Saturday, March 14, 2020

A2H: 2020.05: This and That

This week was really just another week of 'this and that' like the last....

Tuesday
1/28/20 Facebook Post: This morning Asher was looking at a picture on FB on my phone and accidentally clicked the “Comment” button. Not sure what to do he gave me phone telling me that he accidentally touched the ‘Compliment’ button and when I closed it he said, but we SHOULD leave a compliment. Now I can’t help but think what a better world it would be if it WAS a Compliment button instead.


1/28/20 Facebook Post: And the Parent of the Year award goes to...
Avery and Eric enjoy watching silly YouTube videos together and recently that meant specifically silly cat videos. They discovered a video similar to the attached and one day when Eric dropped Avery off for school he asked Eric to show the video to his teacher. Her response, “I can see why you might think that is funny Avery.” Eric (realizing that she wasn’t as entertained by it as they were and that she may have thought it was just an exploding cat and not a sneeze explosion) felt a bit silly himself and came home that evening telling my why Avery’s teacher may think he is a bit of a psychopath.
Additionally, ever since Christmas Break Avery has also been having a hard time going to school. He cries, complains of a stomach ache, clings to me and says that he wants me to take him to work. Obviously this has made my morning drop-offs difficult. One morning as I struggled to get him out of the van, I spotted another car with a license plate that read ‘POOGER’. Being a boy mom, I instinctively knew that Avery would find this entertaining so I pointed it out and then pointed out what it would read if the ‘P’ were changed to a ‘B’. I was right. Avery found the license plate quite humorous so from then on whenever I notice the vehicle I have pointed it out to him to cheer him up before we go outside or to even get him out of the van if that is how the morning his going.
Fast forward to today: We pull into the park lot of his school and again he doesn’t want to get out of the van. I see the vehicle and coax him outside to laugh at it with me. It works and we head inside. Then as we say our goodbyes we notice that the OWNER of the vehicle we’ve been laughing at for weeks now is none other than Avery’s teacher! I give him a kiss and head to my van. Then as I look to the window to wave and blow my little man a kiss I see that he is pointing at his teacher outside her car with a mischievous smile and saying something to his classmates standing next to him. I now fear that I will owe his teacher an apology today.
So, the award goes to Eric (the psychopath) and Me (the gross comic) for teaching our child about exploding cats and booger jokes!

Wednesday
Asher & his friend/classmate showing off their school project.

2/1/20 Facebook Post: Going through the drawings that Avery brings home from school is one of my favorite things

Once again, Hazel insisted on eating with silverware.  She desperately wanted to use the real silverware that the restaurant gave us, but after she barely missed stabbing her eyes a couple of times Eric got her a plastic fork.


Friday
Sleepy Baby.

Silly Baby 'helping' me with the laundry.

On Friday the boys and I worked on a delicious evening dinner for the family.  Using his new cookbook, Asher chopped up vegetables for a dinner salad and then with Avery's help we also made a Raspberry Crumble dessert.  Then, I made crockpot beef tips for the main course and Avery helped me to make some mashed potatoes!
Asher was thrilled that I found our large lettuce knife so that he could cut up the salad veggies on his own!

Asher learning to (carefully) use a peeler for the first time.

Cutting up cucumbers

While the boys and I worked on dinner, Hazel found Avery's water bottle and was quite proud of herself and excited to confiscate it and drink as much as possible when no one was looking! :)


 
 
 
1/31/20 FB Post: Thanks to Disney+ I was able to introduce the boys to a childhood favorite tonight: Gummy Bears (30 years after it went off the air I still sing the theme song in my head most times that I eat the candy 😂)

The boys with the delicious (candlelit) dinner we all prepared.

I forgot to get pictures of us making the dessert, but he is what it looked like (or at least what was left of it).


As I wrote in my last post, around this time of year we were doing everything we could think of to coax Hazel to attempt walking.  With some delicious raspberry crumble for dessert we decided to give that a try as well.  She had no interest in walking, but she still desperately wanted some and made sure to crawl onto my lap and get as close to my bowl as possible to make sure she didn't miss out.

Video: Will Walk for Treats?




Saturday
Our little lady LOVES bathtime!  Now that she IS walking (a few weeks after this photo was taken) she literally RUNS to the bathroom any time she hears the shower turn on! :)



On Saturday Avery and Eric headed to Monkey Joe's for a friend's birthday party while Asher and I stayed home with a napping Hazel.  


Avery was thrilled that his friend Charlotte (who seems to have a bit of a crush on my little man) said the kitty he picked out for her was her favorite present. 

While Avery was off partying, and Hazel was sleeping, Asher and I worked on another recipe from his cookbook: Chocolate Granola Bars. 


When Avery's party was over, he and Eric went to Lowes and purchased a new snowblower (which Eric had been wanting for a while).  He was so excited to compare the new to the old and afterwards was actually looking forward to snow in the future forecast! :P

Sunday
Eric enjoying a quiet moment of sunshine outside with his little girl.


Video: Lil' Red 'Corvette'
Hazel LOVES her red car <3

Pretty girl all ready for church! <3


I mentioned in my last post that Hazel also LOVES to brush both her hair and her teeth...well she also loves to brush our teeth too! ;) 



 

 
Baby Girl gets a ride from Daddy at Meijer.




Having a BALL with Daddy at Menards


This week finished off with the Super Bowl.  Eric and I never really get excited about this event, but we do get excited by having an excuse to make some taco dip...even if we aren't going anywhere.  I prepped for our own little party at home complete with taco dip and root beer floats while the boys worked on a party of their own.
2/1/20 FB Post:
🌮Cream Cheese, Hot Sauce & Veggies: $9.12 
🏈Super Bowl: $3 hours of my life 
❤️Having a reason to make & eat taco dip: $Priceless


Rootbeer Float 'stach!

Before bedtime, we enjoyed the Lego Party that the boys had worked on including a Lego sculpture they built together, a Lego building contest where everyone had to build something, a Lego Tic Tac Toe tournament and finally a family game of Hide & Go Seek.  All in all, I think we all enjoyed it immensely more than the Super Bowl!


Working on our Lego Builds


Can you find Asher?  ...Avery couldn't :P

No comments:

Post a Comment