Traditionally February is all about love and in our home that rang true as well. We are in no way perfect and our love may not be shown at all times, but it is always there and we try our best to make it evident.
At the beginning of the month I continued the tradition of leaving little love note hearts on the kids' doors to remind them of some of the many reasons that we love them. This year the best part of this tradition was a few days later when we found that the boys had left some hearts around the frame of the entry to our room as well to remind us of why THEY love US! <3
 |
| 2/5/20 - Another beautiful sunrise. |
On Thursday of week 2020.06, Asher along with his class and the other second grade class, got to use their feather award to have a cup of hot chocolate and a sock fight in the classroom. It's always nice to see the kids having some fun mixed in with their daily learning.
 |
| Bath Time Fun. |
On Friday I took the kids to the dollar store to pick up some glow sticks for my date that evening with Asher. I let them each bring a dollar from their piggy bank to spend and then spent a looooong time walking around the store to make the very difficult decision of what to purchase.
Video: A Little Bit of Help
Hazel loves us so much that she is willing to take the time to help brush our teeth and feed us! ;)
 |
| Hazel adores her big brothers! <3 |
 |
| On Friday Avery got an Amazon delivery: A swimsuit that I found for him to wear on vacation. It's always exciting when you find THE PERFECT item for someone! ;) |
That night was the annual Valentine's dance at Asher's school. The last two years they had a Sweethearts Dance, but this year they decided to change it up and have a Glow Dance instead. It was a family friendly event, but Asher and I decided to keep it as just a mother-son date night as we had done in the past. We enjoyed a dinner out together at Charcoal Grill (Asher's choice) and then had a fun time at his school playing glow games, dancing in the dark and eating snacks.
 |
| My handsome date. |
 |
| Hazel enjoying a Daddy Style dinner while Asher and I were gone. |
Saturday and Sunday of week 2020.06 included our typical weekend activities (or lack there of).
 |
| FB Post: Future Engineer?? (or Architect 😳) |
 |
| Shopping for a big girl carseat! |
 |
| Fishies! |
 |
| Even our dinner has a little bit of love. >3 |
(2) Videos: Daddy Daughter Love
I love the bond that this Father-Daughter duo share. She lights up every time she sees him and immediately he lights up in return. <3
Video: Mother-Son Love
One of the best ways to show love in this house is playtime. The boys LOVE when we play with them, but I admit that often the chaos of life (chores, work, etc) get in the way. Tonight I sat and played Lego with the boys for a little while before bed and we decided to make our own Lego Domino run.
One of the best ways that Eric shows his love for me is giving me time alone. As much as I LOVE my family, I NEED 'me-time' once in a while as well. That said, I am very thankful for my husband...and Meijer! ;)
 |
| FB Post: When you tell your pup to go downstairs and she either thinks she’s made it out of your sight or she just doesn’t care because she knows that you’re trying to get the baby to sleep and can’t really do a thing about it at the moment. |
 |
| Hazel feeding herself like a big girl...she won't have it any other way! |
On Monday, February 10 A2H Week 2020.07 began and since this was the week of the actual Valentine's holiday, or 'Love Theme' continued...
Not only was this week themed on love, but it was also Spirit Week at Avery's school so I got to find him some fun outfits for the week...starting off with Decades Day.
 |
| FB Post: Dress like a Decade Day...decades apart! Avery’s school has spirit week this week and that is the theme for day. After he asked what a Decade looks like 😂 I quickly found him something to wear and then dig up this picture to show him. His response, “Mommy, you look weird! Is that like when you were one old Grandma or something?!” 😂. On the plus side, he apparently thinks I look younger now than I did in ‘93!! #kidssaythedarndestthings#thatsso70s |
 |
| Little Man showing off his artwork at school. |
 |
| It's always exciting when Daddy brings treats home from work! ;) |
While this week WAS NOT Spirit Week at Asher's school, Tuesday WAS the 100th day of school. Therefore I dressed Asher up like an old man again this year, or at least I tried to. When I was all done he looked more like some sort of geeky Millennial or a flashy accountant, but he was still pretty adorable.
 |
| Asher with his 'elderly' classmates |
 |
| I LOVE these pictures of Asher working with his classmates. They look like they are working hard and having an important business meeting. :) |
 |
| Avery at his school testing to see which type of soap makes the most bubbles. |
 |
| Avery at his school decorating his Valentine's bag. |
 |
| Asher working hard with this classmate. |
 |
| Asher's class worked together to build a giant cup tower. |
While Hazel doesn't go to school, she does love learning and since the world is still pretty new for her that means she is learning basically everywhere she goes and in everything she does. This week (after several weeks of trying to coax her and build her courage) she finally walked across the entire kitchen unassisted. :) She also got a little lesson in gravity from her #1 guy: Daddy.
Video: She's a Walker!
FB Post: She’s been taking a step here and there for a few weeks now, but with this I think we can officially say we’ve got a walker!! #littlemisssunshine
Video: A Lesson in Gravity
On Friday it was Valentine's Day so while the kids were off at school I sent Hazel to daycare so that I could run some errands and then I worked to get their traditional valentine's gifts of hand-selected books ready to give them that evening.
 |
| Hazel's Valentine Message: "Hazel, this 1st year with you has been amazing! You are the perfect end to our family and you bring us so much joy! As you continue to grow, learn and explore the world around you always know that Mommy and Daddy will be right there beside you to cheer you on, pick you up with you fall and love you as you deserve to be loved! We cannot wait to see more of the little girl that God has created you to be! We love you Hazel! <3 Mommy & Daddy" |
 |
| Asher's Valentine Message: "Asher, on this Valentine's Day what we want you to know first and foremost is that You Are Loved. When you are happy or sad, calm or angry, confident or anxious, silly or serious, clean or messy...whatever your are, you are loved. In every moment of every day, Mommy & Daddy love you just the way you are...just the way God Created You! Always strive to be happy; to be joyful, but when you are not...when you feel scared, sad, upset or like you have failed, always know that you are loved and that Mommy & Daddy are here for you No Matter What! Always and Forever we love you!! <3 Mommy & Daddy" |
 |
| Avery's Valentine Message: "Avery, as you begin to step out into this world always remember to be the One & Only You! Mommy & Daddy love the sweet, creative, thoughtful, kind, silly, smart boy that you are and no matter what we always will!! Go make the world a better place by being none other than the person that God created you to be! We love you! <3 Mom & Dad" |
 |
| Asher enjoying his Valentine's party at school with his classmates. |
That afternoon, I first picked up Asher and then the two of us headed to the dollar store to get something before getting Avery and Hazel. While at the store, Asher saw all of the valentines and suggested that it would be fun to bring our neighbor Marge some flowers for the holiday. They didn't have any flowers there at the store, but they did have tons of Valentine's helium balloons, so I suggested that to Asher instead. He picked out a balloon and then after paying for our stuff we headed to Avery's school to pick him up. From Avery's school we headed over to pick up Hazel. The boys wanted to go in and see Christina and Kaylin (her teenage daughter), so I reminded them to be careful opening the van door so that the balloon did not fly out. We went inside to get Hazel and then after a short visit headed back to the van. As soon as I unlocked the door, Asher opened the side door and forgetting that the balloon was inside allowed it to swiftly float up into a nearby try while I stood in Christina's doorway saying goodbye and watching helplessly as it drifted away. So, with Asher very upset about the lost balloon, I loaded all three of the kids back into the van and headed back to the dollar store where we purchased another balloon for Marge and then finally made our way back home.
At home, we worked together to whip up a batch of Valentine's
Monster Cookies. Then, when the cookies were done, Asher and Avery headed out to deliver a plate of cookies, a card and the balloon across the street to Marge.
Finally, that night before bed the kiddos got to open up their Valentine's gifts from Eric and I.
 |
| Before the holiday was over, Hazel gave me a little gift of her own, a bedtime snuggle. <3 |
On Saturday we spent the morning being productive at home and then enjoyed some lovely family time in Milwaukee that afternoon at Disney on Ice.
 |
| Hazel 'helping' clean her shoe shelf... |
 |
| ...and then 'helping' to clean out the toy box. |
 |
| <3 |
 |
| Warming up her hands for her. <3 |
I have to say, I wasn't really sure what everyone would think of Disney on Ice. With fun memories of attending myself as a child, I've wanted to take the kids for years, but always forget about it. This year I FINALLY made it happen! I knew that Avery would enjoy it, but I wasn't sure if Asher was too old and I was pretty sure Hazel was too young. Eric wasn't really interested in going at all, but also didn't want to miss out on the opportunity to do something as a family (and also would have had to spend the day at home alone with Hazel if he didn't go since I didn't think I could handle all three on my own). In the end though, it was great! We all had an awesome time. From our seats we had a very good view of the show and everyone enjoyed the skating, music and special effects (especially the fire, bubbles and snow!). Even Hazel, who I thought was too young to care, got really into it. Actually, she was probably the best part of it all. As soon as the show began, she was sucked in following every movement with her eyes and dancing along to the music. She even got more attentive and excited when a song that she knew was preformed. It was absolutely adorable to watch and I think I spent more time watching her than I did the show itself!
 |
| FB Post: Had an awesome time with the family at #disneyonice2020 ❄️ The best part: watching my little loves enjoy the show @ Disney on Ice |
 |
| Knowing that the show would have extremely expensive glowing/light-up toys on sale, I made sure to bring some glow sticks and glow bracelets to help the kids feel included while not spending an insane amount of money. They were more than content with my choice! ;) |
 |
| Everyone's favorite show: Moana. This is the one that Avery most wanted to see and also the song that Hazel seemed to recognize most. |
 |
| Fire in the show! Eric and I spotted the guys on the side prepping it so we knew it was coming but the boys were totally surprised. |
Video: Hazel Enjoying the Show
 |
| Intermission stretch! |
Video: Bouncing Buddies
After Disney on Ice (and a detour to Georgie Porgie's on the way home for a late lunch/early dinner), the remainder of the weekend was spent with our typical weekend family time at home and church.
 |
| Valentine's Day treats! |
 |
| Since it was Valentine's Day weekend, I thought I'd get a little more use of Hazel's Christmas dress...all of that red just seemed appropriate and it is too adorable to not wear again! |
 |
| Buddies for Life! |
Video: Raspberries
 |
| Little Miss Sunshine😎 |
 |
| Lego Building 24/7 |
 |
| Mommy's Silly Hat |
No comments:
Post a Comment