My maternity leave hit double digits this week!!! My time is almost over. A part of me looks forward to going back to work, but that is a VERY small part. This week, was shortened by our cottage getaway. We did not return home from Michigan until Tuesday night. Before we got home we stopped at Chili's and picked up dinner. Unfortunately that dinner made my next 24 hours not much fun...I'm pretty sure that Chili's tried to poison me. Thus, Asher & I spent most of Wednesday hanging out on the couch resting and watching Netflix.
If you are offended by burps, this video isn't for you, but we get a kick out of Asher's reaction to our burps (you get the same reaction usually to yawns also).
On Thursday morning, we got up and took Asher to the pediatrician for his 2 Month Check-Up. The doctor said that everything was great and that we have a very healthy baby boy...and a very big baby boy. Asher weighed in at 13 lbs. 15 oz. (5 lbs. 11 oz. more than birth), he was 24.5" long (2.5" more than birth), and his head was 16.75" in diameter (about 3.5" more than birth). That puts him in the 95th percentile in all three categories! No wonder everyone keeps thinking he is a month or two older than he is. Before we could leave the doctor's office, Asher had to get his vaccinations, which resulted in 3 shots...two on one leg and one on the other. When he got the first shot, his face scrunched up and he held his breath. He did not let it out until after he got all 3 shots, at which point his face was purple and he let up a wailing scream! He was NOT a happy camper. As soon as the nurse was done, I snuggled him up and settled him down. He calmed down fairly quickly and then slept the whole way home and for a nap afterwards. When he awoke from his nap, he seemed like his happy self again, but that didn't last. Just a little after Eric left from his lunch break, Asher started to scream bloody murder. I have not had to deal with anything like that yet. He was SO angry and there was nothing I could do to appease him. Finally, we just rocked in the nursery rocking chair and he settled down and fell asleep again. He took a nap for a couple of hours and the rest of the day was easier, but still not easy. He was pouty and whiny and I just felt bad for my little guy. I REALLY do not like him being in pain and dread his 4 Month appointment. I already plan to have that day off work, because I can't stand the thought of him being so unhappy and not being there to care for him.
![]() |
| Asher exhausted in his crib after his appointment & shots. |
![]() |
| Carissa Meets Asher. |
Finally, I wanted to add a video that I forgot to include in my last post. While we were at the cottage, Eric's dad wondered if there was an app to help keep a baby from crying. He looked it up and found this song (there were two versions of the same song, but one included meowing). He downloaded it and we tried it out. Oddly enough, it actually seems to work. If Asher is crying and hears this song, he stops. Crazy. He isn't crying in the video, but I thought it could be appreciated nonetheless.
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Carissa+&+Asher.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment