On Sunday we headed to church, where we were finally were able to meet Jaxson Bailie...the third IBC baby born this summer.
![]() |
| Eric, Asher, Jaxson & Heidi |
![]() |
| IBC New Mommies & Babies: Me, Asher, Alex, AJ, Heidi & Jaxson |
![]() |
| The end result. |
On Monday, the week that I was dreaded had finally begun. Thus, I spent Monday and Tuesday enjoying the precious few moments that I had left on maternity leave with my little guy, and I tried not to think about the changes that the rest of the week would bring.
Daddy also enjoyed some snuggling and play time after work.
![]() |
| A look of panic as Daddy tries to give him a kiss. |
![]() |
| I love this face...if only I knew what Asher is thinking... |
As a side note: As Asher gets older (already almost 2-1/2 months during this week), he is become more interactive. As mentioned before, he is cooing and smiling like crazy. He is also starting to learn how to entertain himself with his toys and is finally starting to appreciate his baby gym (thanks Auntie Julie & Uncle Dave). He has made special friends with the owl in his gym and likes to have long chats with him (or her?).
On Wednesday (Sept. 12) the day that I had dreaded for over 2 months was finally here. I had to go back to work. :( It was a tough morning with some tears, but I did survive it. Being back at work was a bit crazy, but it went well. The worst part was that it went by SO SLOW! I could not wait to get to the daycare and hold my boy again. As the week went on, it got a bit easier. I know I'll be able to do it, but I really wish the I could win the lottery so that I could stay home with him. Maybe the school loan fairy will come, like the blueberry fairy came earlier this year?? ...that's probably to much to hope for, but a girl can dream, right?
![]() |
| Baby's 1st Day of Daycare...Mommy's 1st Day without Baby (at work). |
Grandma also stopped by for a quick visit...and Asher still thinks she's pretty funny!
We all survived the week, which marked a new phase for our family life. It is a bit crazier now, but I think we can manage it. It helps that Asher has been sleeping much longer lately...including his very first night of daycare sleeping over 6 hours straight.
![]() |
| Asher (EXHAUSTED) after his 2nd day of daycare |
+Baby+Life+-Eric,+Asher,+Jaxson+&+Heidi.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Me,+Asher,+Alex,+AJ,+Heidi+&+Jaxson.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Eric+&+Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Eric+&+Asher.jpg)

+Baby+Life+-Eric+&+Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Eric+&+Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Eric+&+Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Eric+&+Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)






+Baby+Life+-Asher+&+I.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher+&+I.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher+&+Mom.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment