Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Baby Life Week 12: Not Any Easier

Last week, sending Asher off to daycare and going back to work was very diffiult.  As the week went on though, it got little bit easier.  I got back into the grind of work and was able to keep myself busy enough to not constantly focus on missing my little guy.  When Friday came, I was quite proud of myself for making it and looked forward to the weekend to spend together.  The weekend went well (we helped Aaron & Erika at there new house & just hung out at our own house), but then Monday came.  I forgot how quickly weekends go by.  After enjoying two entire days with my family, Monday felt like my first day back to work all over again.  It was not as bad as the actual first day, but I did get choked up.  Before it was time to leave, Asher and I took a little morning snuggle/nap in bed while Daddy got ready for work.  Then, when it was time to go, I put Asher in his carseat and walked to the door.  As I headed out, I told him one last time (for that morning) that I love him and then looked back at him.  He responded with a big smile...I couldn't help but tear up.  Thankfully, it was not that difficult all day long.  I did miss him very much, but work helped to keep my mind off him.  I do know that I now look forward to the end of the day even more than I used to.  I CANNOT wait for 4:30 to come so that I can head back to Kenosha and pick my little guy up from Daycare...if only I could get the daycare lady to hand him over as soon as I get there.  I don't want to be rude, but "Give Me My Baby Lady!" is all I can think every time I get there.  I'm happy she likes him so much, but when I get there she needs to turn him over ASAP...Mommy needs her baby!

Despite missing Asher and wishing that I could be home with him, the rest of the week went well.  On Wednesday, I got to enjoy a day off (which I will be doing for a while to enjoy my little man a bit more).  Since Mom was in the area, she came up on Tuesday night and hung out with us until late Wednesday afternoon.  It made the week go by quite fast and made Tuesday feel like Friday.  Having two "Fridays" in a week is pretty great, but unfortunately then Thursday also felt like Monday.  Oh well, soon the week was over and we looked forward to the arrival of Eric's family.  I will tell more on that soon, but for now here are a few pictures and a video from the week...

My little man waiting patiently as I get ready for the day.

Me painting the pantry at Aaron & Erika's new home

Eric was playing with Asher on the floor, and every time he blew in his face Asher would be totally surprised...it was pretty cute and pretty funny...



After playing & startling Asher, Eric wrapped up the little guy in his big fleece blanket on the floor.  He was not really in the mood to sleep, but when that big warm blanket was wrapped around him, he didn't put up a fight and quickly gave up the urge to stay awake.


My boys enjoying a snuggle, as I get ready for work.  I love them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment