Since Eric & I got married, we have been spending Thanksgiving with one of our families and Christmas with the other. This year was the year for a Migrin Thanksgiving, and with so much to be thankful for, how could we have anything other than a wonderful weekend?
On Wednesday night we drove to the cottage after work and then woke up there on Thursday morning to start Asher's first Thanksgiving. We enjoyed a little lazy time in bed and then headed to the "garage home" to make the "salads" for Thanksgiving dinner. Then Asher & I snuggled upstairs for a bit and watched the beginning of the Macy's parade (for the first of MANY times!).
+Thanksgiving+-Me.jpg) |
| Me making the "salads" in the Garage Home. |
+Thanksgiving+-Asher.jpg) |
| Asher wearing his special "I"m proud of my Daddy" onesie from Aunt Julie & Uncle Dave. |
+Thanksgiving+-Asher.jpg) |
| Asher trying out his new (handmade) toy from my co-worker Earl & his wife |
Before we left the cottage, I had to get a couple of pictures to show the progress. It is looking great!
I also had to have a little T-Day photo shoot with my boys by the lake.
In return, Eric decided to take some pictures of his own. If only I was as photogenic as them...
+Thanksgiving+-Emma.jpg) |
| Surprisingly, Emma stayed tied up in the back yard while we went to the lake & took pictures...and she didn't bark at all (which is pretty amazing)...so we had to take her picture too! |
Once we left the cottage, we headed to Livonia to spend the rest of the holiday weekend with Eric's family...although not until after stopping by Meijer for a donut! :) We had a really great time catching up with everyone, many of whom we haven't seen in a year or more.
+Thanksgiving+-Uncle+Mark,+Eric+&+Asher.jpg) |
| Asher wishing he could eat some real food. |
+Thanksgiving.jpg) |
| Enjoying the family dinner. |
+Thanksgiving+-Uncle+Clint+&+Asher.jpg) |
| Asher meeting Uncle Clint...who was putting him to sleep. |
+Thanksgiving+-Kathy,+Rob,+Kathy,+Dave,+Evan+&+Michelle.jpg) |
| Celebrating all of the November Birthdays (Kathy M, Kathy S, Rob M, Dave S, Evan S & Michelle S). |
+Thanksgiving+-Rob+&+Asher.jpg) |
| Asher chilling with Uncle Rob! |
+Thanksgiving+-Julie+&+Asher.jpg) |
| ...& snuggling with Auntie Julie |
+Thanksgiving+-Emma.jpg) |
| Emma looking for leftovers. |
Video: When we got to Eric's parent's house, Asher decided to show off. This is him sitting on his own for the first time.
On Friday, we were big bums again and didn't get out of our PJs until the afternoon. From morning until early evening, we enjoyed some low-key family time, and then Eric and I took advantage of some free Grandparent baby-sitting and went out on a little date. While we were home during the day, Eric kept telling Rob that his best way to avoid people giving him a hard time about changing a diaper, was to just do it and get it over with. Rob stepped up to the challenge, got a lesson from his mom, and changed a #2...honestly I never even did that with my nephews.
Chris (a neighbor friend), also came over to meet Asher. We quickly learned that he is the Baby Whisperer and that he is surprisingly good with babies (he made Asher very sleepy & calm and he helped me get him dressed).
+Thanksgiving+Weekend+-Mr.+&+Mrs.+M+&+Asher.jpg) |
| Asher & Grandma M. |
On Saturday, we had another lazy day, including the hot tub and some Michigan Football (which ended badly, but was fun to watch).
+Thanksgiving+Weekend+-Mr.+M+&+Asher.jpg) |
| Asher playing with Grandpa. |
+Thanksgiving+Weekend+-Mr.+&+Mrs.+M,+Rob+&+Asher.jpg) |
| Asher beating up on Uncle Rob. |
I have noticed during this football season, that Michigan always seems to play better when Asher has his gear on. This day, the score was 7-0 until Eric's mom put Asher's hat on. Then they scored a TD! Asher stayed in his diaper and the hat until half time, when I got him dressed in the rest of his Michigan gear. Then the game started going south. Apparently it is just the hat...or the happy baby (Asher LOVED being mostly naked!).
Video: Asher enjoying "naked time".
+Thanksgiving+Weekend+-Emma.jpg) |
| Emma wasn't has interested in the game as we were and curled up for a nice nap. |
+Thanksgiving+Weekend+-Asher+&+I.jpg) |
| By the end of the game, Asher was worn out and needed a nap. |
+Thanksgiving+Weekend+-Asher+&+I.jpg) |
| I decided to join him. |
+Thanksgiving+Weekend+-Asher+&+Mrs.+M.jpg) |
| When I woke up, I passed him off to Grandma M, who snuggled him while he slept some more. |
After the Michigan game, we headed over to On the Border for dinner with Eric's family. mmmm...Monterey Ranch Chicken Fajitas...
+Thanksgiving+Weekend+-Asher,+Julie+&+Rob.jpg) |
| Asher, Auntie Julie & Uncle Rob |
+Thanksgiving+Weekend+-Asher+&+Mrs.+M.jpg) |
| Asher looking surprised! |
Then, after dinner we stopped by Great Grandma Smiley's for a quick visit before heading home.
+Thanksgiving+Weekend+-Asher+&+Grandma+S.jpg) |
| Asher & Great Grandma Smiley |
Finally, what better way to end the evening and begin the Christmas season?...A family movie night watching Elf!
+Thanksgiving+Weekend+-Asher,+Rob+&+Mr.+M.jpg) |
| Kisses from Uncle Rob. |
+Thanksgiving+Weekend+-Asher,+Rob.jpg) |
| Rejection from Asher! :) |
+Thanksgiving+Weekend+-Asher+&+Eric.jpg) |
| Asher "standing" |
On Sunday, after a great weekend, it was time to head home. Asher slept pretty much the entire way (approx. 6 hours), and everything went smooth. It was good to be home, but hard to leave.
+Thanksgiving+Weekend+-Rob+&+Asher.jpg) |
| Asher & Uncle Rob saying goodbye |
No comments:
Post a Comment