Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Michigan Vacation Day 3: Capturing Our 1 Year Old

Day 3 of our Michigan adventure was another mostly-quiet day at the cottage.  We spent the day napping, playing on the beach, and spending time with the family as usual.  The atypical part of the day was in the early evening when Eric's cousin Jen of Jen Prouty Photography came out to the cottage to photograph Asher and our family for his 1 year pictures.  She is the same photographer that did my maternity photos and Asher's baby (2 months) pictures.  Since she is family, she spent the night at the cottage with her husband, Pat, and son, Jamerson, allowing us to do some pictures this evening and then finish up with more the next day.  So far we have seen one of the photos which she posted on Facebook and it is amazing (melts my heart every time I look into Asher's baby blue eyes on it and it has now become the background for my ipod).  I cannot wait to see the rest.  Anyway, Eric and I spent much of the photo shoot trying to keep Asher's attention and help Jen out however we could.  I had seen pictures on Pinterest of baby's with balloons, and since I myself LOVE helium filled balloons (easily better than getting flowers any day in my world), I decided that Asher needed some balloons too.  Eric and I headed off to Meijer and got a dozen of them and we began the shoot with Jen as soon as we returned to the cottage.  It was a little windy, so the balloons were not overly cooperative, but I trust that Jen was able to work her magic nonetheless!  ...now I just have to wait and see (in the era of digital photos, when we are used to looking at pictures right after we take them and no longer have to wait to see prints, it is tough to have to wait until our photographer has a chance to go through and edit them as needed...I  know it will be worth the wait though!)


The perfect morning.  As Eric put it, "7:30am: Toes in the water, diaper in the sand, not a worry in the world, a cold milk in his hands"...life is good today.  Life is good today!
Asher enjoying the trampoline with Rob & his girlfriend Negin
Julie & Emmett

Asher was in love with Jen's son Jamerson.  I think he was thrilled to get to play with a "big" kid and Jamerson did a great job of playing with him.

Video: Asher's 1 Year Photo Shoot

No comments:

Post a Comment