This week had two highlights. One was our weekend getaway to the cottage (which I will blog on another time). The other was fun with watermelon.
After years of seeing the pictures on Pinterest of babies eating a large slice of watermelon, I decided I had to try it myself.
One watermelon: $3.49
2 baths and 2 new diapers: $0.55
Pictures of my favorite boys thoroughly enjoying their gigantic slices of watermelon: Priceless.
The boys were so excited to have such a large and tasty treat. Asher was giddy with excitement as his eyes bulged at the sight of his slice and a sinister little giggle quietly escaped his lips and Avery became a territorial little beast as any attempt I made to help him hold his slice (to make it easier for him to eat) was greeted with an angry yell aimed in my direction! It was a good time, and although it was a bit of a sticky mess to clean up I am glad I did it. Happy Boys...Happy Mommy.
![]() |
| Don't Touch My Watermelon! |
![]() |
| I've titled this "Too Much Watermelon" ...Asher looks a little drunk in this pic. |
![]() |
| Avery couldn't hold up his watermelon as it was as big as he is, so instead he let it sit in his lap while he bent over and bit pieces off. |
![]() |
| Love this silly pic of my happy boys enjoying the moment together. |
![]() |
| This resulted in some very sticky/crusty hair! |
![]() |
| I can't help but look at this picture and recognize the brotherly love. Avery: I'm gonna be sick. Asher: I'll take care of you. |
Besides the watermelon treat, we had a few other moments of family fun despite another busy week at work. We enjoyed playing at the park, backyard fun, a father/son water fight (during which Asher tried to hide behind me, knowing Daddy wouldn't dare get me wet), and the boys enjoyed some fun at the beach while I worked later one night. It was a quick week that blew by, but one I will definitely remember. :)
![]() |
| Asher throwing rocks into the lake. |
![]() |
| Avery trying to eat the rocks. |






































No comments:
Post a Comment