Sunday, April 30, 2017

A Team Week 133: The "Interesting" Things We Do

A Team Week 133 marked the first week of April 2017 with some pretty typical family time and gorgeous Spring weather...

The boys got some wrestles in (their favorite after dinner activity...or at least the little guys)...

Video: Steamroller Rolling!
This is something Eric learned from his dad as a child and his passing on to our boys.  They hang tight to daddy and make a "steamroller" squishing everything in their path, including themselves.

I got to organize!!  My desk drawer has been driving me crazy lately and needed some TLC, so on my day off I worked in the office cleaning out my drawer while the boys happily worked (colored, etc) next to me.  Good times!  ;)
My organized drawer.  So much better! (Makes me happy every time I open it!)

While I was cleaning out the drawer I found the advice cards that I'd kept back there for many years from my bridal shower 15 years ago.  Below are the cards from Eric's grandmothers' cards.


I also had some me-time on Wednesday as I used nap time to work on some adult coloring.

Avery decided that he needed ALL the pillows in his room to be in his bed.  Thankfully I was able to convince him that there needed to be some room for him.  :P

Our nephew/cousin Emmett turned 4, so we sent our love...

Video: Happy Birthday to Emmett!

Avery and I enjoyed our bedtime sing-a-longs...

Video: Avery & I Sing the ABC Song

In addition to Emmett's birthday, my brother, Eric's sister and my co-worker John also celebrated birthdays this week.  I decked out our party donkeys at work with some balloons for the occasion.

Asher, who loves to create/invent everywhere he goes decided to make himself a salami and ham sandwich...Atkin's Diet style.

The weather was so great for much of the week that we spent a lot of time outside.  Eric and the boys worked on cleaning up the yard.

They also enjoyed their first morning bike ride to Meijer of the year....

...and their first meander through the Meijer garden section.

Video: Wind Chimes at Meijer
The boys had a blast playing with the chimes and making them go...all at once.

I got some time outside with my loves as well, and on Sunday afternoon we finished out the week with a trip to the Dream Playground followed up by our first dinner of the season at the Big Star Drive-In...a good way to end a great week!








This kid refuses to take a nice smile picture anymore and prefers to act out his goofy side.



Big Star Rootbeer in a Frozen Mug <3





No comments:

Post a Comment