Friday, October 19, 2018

A Team Weeks 209 & 210: Avery Turns 4!

At the end of A Team Week 209 we celebrated Avery's 4th birthday with family and at the beginning of A Team Week 210, my baby boy officially turned four!!  On either side of those events, we had some pretty low-key weeks together as a family...

A Team Week 209
Monday: 
The boys experienced Pop Rocks for the very first time...

(2) Videos: Pop Rocks


“Mom, aren’t we just so adorable?”  #snugglepuppy





Friday:
With my parents in town for the weekend, I used the day to get ready for Avery's party.
Avery checking out the goodies for the piñata.
Avery...my little 'helper'

Saturday:
We spent the morning getting ready for the party (more on that to come in another post).  The boys desperately wanted to 'help' so I gave Asher the task of decorating the living room with Grammy while I sent Avery to the store with Eric and Gramps.

Avery & Papa showing off the mohawk and earrings they created. :P

Avery gets to open an early present from Grammy and Gramps.

Avery & Gramps have a bit of fun with the Meijer Halloween costumes.





Sunday:
After church, we had to say goodbye to all of the grandparents, so we headed out for breakfast before they left.


A Team Week 210
Monday:
Today my baby boy officially turned four years old!!  Since it was a Monday we had work, school and daycare during the day, but as soon as those were finished we all headed out for dinner.  Originally, Avery had said that he wanted Mod Pizza for dinner so that is what Asher, Eric and I had been thinking about all day.  However, when it was actually time to go out Avery decided he wanted a corn dog from Culver's instead.  Since we wanted to grant the birthday boy his request but the rest of us all wanted pizza, we picked up dinner for Avery at the Culver's Drive-Thru and then took it to Mod Pizza where we all ate together.


(3) Videos: Avery Dancing at Mod Pizza



We tried to get a cute shot of me with the boys and I tried to pick just one for the blog, but the expressions on Avery's face are just too funny.  He was quite a goofball that night!




After dinner we headed back home for some cake and presents before bed.






Video: Happy Birthday to Avery



Has anyone every been so excited about bath soap?









Thursday: 
A regular day of school (& work & daycare)...

Eric picked up Asher that night and took him to Meijer to pick up some groceries.  They couldn't help stopping by the Halloween costumes as well.

On Thursday night I also received some unexpected GAP packages in the mail.  I had no idea what they could be, so I opened them to see what was inside.  The contents: 8 pairs of women's underwear in my size!  I was so confused!  I couldn't figure out if this was an odd gift that someone sent to me or a mistake, but the receipt inside had all of MY information?  I texted a few people that I thought might know something about it, but received no answers...until the next day.  Then, my sister-in-law admitted that the underwear were hers and she had accidentally sent them to me.  :P  Oops.  Oh well, it at least created great entertainment for the boys who thought that two packages full of underwear were quite hilarious!  Just the other day I received an Amazon package that I HAD ordered.  After I opened it, Avery asked to see what was inside.  I showed him and then he said, "oh, I thought maybe it was more undies!"

Friday:
The boys and I prepared for a chilly weekend of camping with Grammy and Gramps to finish out the week ...more on that another time...
FB Post: When this kid throws fits about having to go to bed I often wonder how he could possibly be mine, but then he says stuff like this: “Mom, when I’m done cleaning up the basement can I make my bed and clean my desk?” ...and I can’t help but smile! 😍😁 #littledannytanner


No comments:

Post a Comment