Sunday, May 4, 2014

Toddler Tales Week 43: Dada, Dada, Dada

This week was pretty much the norm for us, including typical life and family time, but the one thing to comment on for the week is that Asher LOVES his daddy!  Who wouldn't though, right?  Since I met Eric, people have been telling me what an amazing father he will be and how much his kids will adore him.  While I have never doubted that comment, it is fun to see it come to truth.  Asher is crazy about his daddy and wants to do everything he does.  Daddy makes him laugh and smile.  In the mornings, if I go to get him out of his crib instead of daddy, he shakes his head no and asks for Dada.  In the evenings when Eric pulls the car into the driveway and I tell Asher that Dada is home, he throws down what ever he is playing with at the moment and runs to the back door to greet daddy.  Eric is Asher's best bud and while I can admit that at times I am a bit jealous of his adoration for Eric, I couldn't be happier that my son has such an amazing man to look up to and model!

As for the week, just a "few" pictures to tell our story...
Asher was surprised with Puppy Chow for snack time on Sunday.  He usually gets fruit, cheese or crackers so this was something special and he was quite excited by it.


Our neighbor dropped off this pad of old printer paper for Asher.  The tidier in me wanted to throw it out, but Asher was pretty excited to have an entire pad of paper just for his scribbles.
Three of the guys at Eric's firm (besides Eric) wives are expecting babies this Spring/Summer.  After I had seen this gift on Facebook a few weeks ago, Eric and his co-worker decided that they had to get it for their co-worker Peter as part of his baby gift.  Check it out: Crib Dribbler.
On Friday night, Eric and I decided to enjoy the Spring-like weather with a dinner at Big Star, our local drive-in.  The plan was to eat at the picnic tables there so we didn't get food in our new van.  However, the tables were full, so we folded down the rear seats and had a family picnic in the back.  It was a fun time and Asher loved watching the other cars go by.

My attempt at a family picture.  I realized it is very hard to take a picture on an iPod with my left hand.  I could only touch the screen with my thumbnail, and I couldn't get it to take the photo.




On Saturday, we had a good day of family time and time for some productivity...
Asher enjoying his new Duplos that Eric's co-worker picked up from a garage sale.
Daddy & Asher enjoying snack-time goldfish together...Yes Asher is still in PJs, but not the ones he woke up in!  :)

Daddy laid on the floor, so Asher had to also!
Video: Just Like Daddy

We made a trip to Menards for Basement Remodel supplies.  Eric told Asher that he had to sit or lay down on the cart as we went around the store.  Asher opted for the second option.
Before dinner, Eric decided to wash the van while watching Asher.  Asher of course needed to do what Daddy was doing and before we knew it, we noticed that he was washing his truck as well! :)




Video: Car Washing with Dada


Finally, we ended out the week with bath time.  These days Asher is a big fan of bubble baths and asks for "bu-alls" every time.
Asher's Bubble Goatee

Video: Bath Time


No comments:

Post a Comment