Saturday, May 31, 2014

Toddler Tales Week 47: Buttons!

This week was easily MUCH better than the last as it started with the dedication of our nephew, Hudson and ended with a long holiday weekend at the cottage.  
Erika, Hudson, Micah, Caleb & Aaron at the Dedication.

Asher & Micah enjoying lunch together at Hudson's dedication party.
Grandma pulling Asher & Caleb around the yard at Hudson's dedication party.

Between Sunday and Friday (when we headed out for our weekend) nothing much happened other than the normal everyday (busy) aspects of life.  One item to note for the week though is Asher's newest obsession: BUTTONS!!

I have a bag of buttons of all different sizes and colors that I got for scrapbooking (& never got around to using as I rarely I have time anymore and when I do, I usually do digital instead).  A while ago, Asher found them and I let him play with them while watching him closely to make sure he didn't eat any or stick them in places they don't belong.  Surprisingly, he did really well with the buttons and seemed to understand that any wrong move and Mama was going to take them away.  Now, every once in a while I will get out the buttons for him to play with as a nice quiet activity for him.  This past Sunday afternoon, I did just that and his interest in the buttons went from a normal toy interest to a bit of an obsession.  He was crazy about his buttons!  In the mornings, after we got him out of bed he would look at us and say "button" and couldn't wait to get downstairs to play with them.  In the evenings, on our way home he would yell out "BUTTON" as soon as we pulled into the driveway, and although typically he would throw a fit at the idea of going into the house rather than playing outside, this week he couldn't wait to get inside to play with his buttons!  I'm not really sure why he enjoys them so much, but he will sit for a half hour to an hour and sort them, move them from one cup to another, etc.  It makes for a great activity while I try to get other things done, such as prepare dinner.  Later this week, I even introduced a bottle to the fun that had a neck just large enough to fit most of the buttons and he was even more thrilled.  Such simple fun!


Video: A bit gross, but "Luv Oo"

No comments:

Post a Comment