Yet again, I've gotten behind due to our crazy life. At this point, I can no longer remember many of the specifics of weeks 44 and 45, but I do have a few quick Asher stories.
As I've mentioned before, Asher calls all red fruits and veggies (and several that are not red) "apples". I can't remember if I've told this story before, but a while ago when I was cutting up an onion for dinner, Asher asked for "a apple". I tried to convince him that he wouldn't like it and didn't want any, but he insisted. After several attempts to persuade him, I cut a small piece of onion for him and watched him eat it. He stood there for a few minutes with it sitting in his mouth, as I waited for him to spit it out. Instead, he chewed it up and then asked for more! Silly Boy! Then, more recently I was cutting a tomato and again he asked for "a apple". I corrected him and said, "tomato". We went back and forth: "apple", "tomato", "apple", "tomato", "apple", "tomato", getting progressively louder each time. Finally, Asher said "apple", and I countered with "tomato" and then all of a sudden Asher screamed out: "MATO!!!!" ...and I had a good laugh with my silly guy.
During week 45, Asher also became a bit of a pro at going potty! Throughout the week he would tell us when he had to go "potty" and then (with a bit of patience on both our parts and some reading material), he would go. It was great. Best.Mother's Day.Gift.Ever...for the entire week leading up to Mother's Day, I only had to change one poopy diaper, because he went in the potty for the rest! We are not actively trying to potty train him, but figure if he is into it, we are not going to let is pass by.
So...without further adieu here are our pictures from these weeks...
Week 44 (April 27-May 3)
![]() |
| Eric & Asher checking out the animals at PetSmart. |
![]() |
| Asher stealing my glasses |
![]() |
| Eric dressed in a Hazmat suit for work. |
![]() |
| Eric brought home some BIG pieces of paper from work (printer errors) for Asher to color on. He was pretty excited. |
Week 45 (May 4-May 10)
![]() |
| Asher reading on the potty. |
![]() |
| On Sunday, we made a trip down to Scoops for ice cream. I really wanted blueberry cheesecake, but they didn't have any...I got Strawberry cheesecake instead. |
![]() |
| Asher was too focused on the ice cream to take a picture. |
On Thursday, we finally had some beautiful summery weather. Asher spent the entire day playing outside at daycare and when I went to pick him up, he was in the back yard, took one look at me and said, "no mama."...meaning no I don't want to go home. I looked back at him and realized he must have had a fun day (& is SUCH A BOY!). He was completely filthy from head to toe, was sticky with sweat, had a grass stain on one knee and a hole in his jeans that hadn't been there before on the other. He also had a bruise on his forehead and a cut, which apparently he received because of the nice weather. Christina (the lady that watches him) told the kids after breakfast that once everything was cleaned up, they would go outside. Asher immediately got down from the table, screamed "OUTSIDE!" and ran to the door. On the way, he tripped and fell, landing with his face on a Duplos so hard that when he got back up, it was still stuck to his head.
![]() |
| That night, I tried a new recipe for Chipotle's Chicken Burrito Bowl and we enjoyed a lovely dinner outside. |
On Friday, I was craving Pizza Hut, so we headed there for dinner. We had told Asher that we were going to have pizza for dinner, but were not prepared for what came a little later. When we arrived at Pizza Hut, Asher got very excited, like he knew where we were. Oddly though, we have never been to Pizza Hut with him, nor have we ever even ordered it, yet he seemed to know where we were. Then, when we got him out of his car seat, he ran to Pizza Hut's front door!
On Saturday morning, we wrapped up the week with a great family day at the zoo, but I will say more about that later. That morning though, we had a nice lazy time at home. I made a beautiful cheese, pepper and bacon omelet for Asher and I to share, but he refused to eat any of it. A little later though, when Eric sat at the table to eat his cocoa pebbles, Asher rushed to the table and continually said "pease" and "tank oo" for every pebble he could mooch of his daddy. I tried to get it on video, but it wasn't quite as cute as it had been.
Video: Working on our Manners
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher,+Emma+&+Eric.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher+&+I.jpg)
+PinD+-Eric+in+a+Hazmat+Suit.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Eric+&+Asher.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher+&+I.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher+&+I.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Burrito+Salad.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher+&+Eric.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher+&+I.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher+&+I.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Eric+&+Asher.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment