Friday, July 25, 2014

Toddler Tales Week 54: Chatterbox

(July 6-12, 2014)

At two years old, Asher has become a complete chatterbox.  The kid talks CONSTANTLY!  When he was still a baby, I got the idea off of Pinterest to keep a book of what he says...something that we could keep track of the words he says (& how he says them), along with the funny things he says as he grows up.  Like many of the ideas and good intentions that I have, I didn't get around to actually starting this book for a long time.  However, a few months back I did finally start trying to record these things and while we were on vacation this week I was bound and determined to make a list of every word he knows...or at least those that we could remember.  Here is what we came up with.  I couldn't believe the amount of words he already knows and the list grows more and more every day!

Family & Friends:
Mama, Dada, Papa (aka Grandpa K), Theo, Tina (aka Christina), Noah, Emma, Gamma (aka Grandma...also often pronounced as Bamma), Pampa (aka Grandpa M), Ryker (the neighbor's dog), Zack, Kaylin, Hannah, Gabe, Emmett, Juie (Auntie Julie), Wobby (Uncle Robby), Gin (Negin)

Household Items:
Chair, Table, Staw (aka Straw), Pate (aka Plate), Tup (aka Cup), Poon (aka Spoon or Fork), Crib, Piwwow (aka Pillow), Bankie (aka Blanket), Stairs, Potty, Nappin (aka Napkin), Bight (aka Light), House, Mail, Pant (aka Plant), Home, Tick Toc (aka Clock), Book, Paper, Door, Dink (aka Drink), Fan, Piyyo (aka Window...this one took us a while to figure out), Batroom (aka Bathroom), Bed

Clothing Items:
Diader (aka Diaper), Pants, Shirt, Socks, Doos (aka Shoes)


Other Items:
Car, Tuck (aka Truck), Tain (aka Train, says Choo Choo), Fower (aka Flower), Pane (aka Plane), Stoller (aka Stroller), A Tuck (aka Fire Truck), Stick, Boat, Dum Tuck (aka Dump Truck), Boon (aka Balloon), Rock (or Rockssss), Poop, Bubble, Baby, Tash (aka Trash), Van, Gator (aka Papa's Gator)

Toys:
Toys, Buddies (aka Eeyore & Monkey), Button (aka one of his FAVORITE Toys!), Baa (aka Ball), Pay Doh (aka Play Doh), Bock (aka Block), Side (aka Slide), Mic Mouse (aka Mickey Mouse...a toy from Grandma & Grandpa M), Rake, Doo Doo (aka His penguin sound machine, aka Mr. Penguin)

Activities & Verbs:
Cower (aka Color), Dance (He will often ask to dance, meaning for us to turn on some music for him.  He will also tell Emma to Dance, which is a trick we have taught her), Soccer, Swin (aka Swing), Bath, Pay (aka Play), Walk, Boe (aka Blow),  Peek Boo (aka Peek-a-Boo), Pin (aka Spin), Eat, Flush, Dip It, Wash, Shower, Open, Flush, Watch It


Animals:
Cow (says Moo), Dolpin (aka Dolphin...he was dolphin crazed while we were on vacation and every fish we saw was a "dolpin"), Birdie (says Tweet Tweet), Doggie (says Arf Arf), Kitty (says Meow), Penuin (aka Penguin, does Waddle Waddle), Bear, Sheep (says Baaaa), Duck (says Gawk Gawk), Giraffe (says Nom Nom-this is something he learned from me, because I didn't know what a Giraffe in a book should say, but it was eating a leaf in the picture), Bunny (does Hop Hop), Donkey (says He Haw), Nake (aka Snake, says Hiss Hiss), Monkey (says Ooo Ooo), Fishy or Fish (says Blub Blub), Puppy, Foggy (aka Froggy, says Ribbit Ribbit), Butt (aka Bug), Owwoe (aka Owl, says Hoo Hoo), Bion (aka Lion, says Rarr), Anmals (aka Animals)


Foods & Beverages:
Waer (aka Water), Cheese, Miwk (aka Milk), Tookie (aka Cookie or anything sweet), Chip (or Chips), Picktle (aka Pickle), Melon, Apple, Burry (aka Berry), Pizza, Cake, Crasher (aka Cracker), Nack (aka Snack), Mato (aka Tomato), Nana (aka Banana), Fuit (aka Fruit), Donut, Bun (aka Bread), Juice

Body Parts:
Belwie (aka Belly), Toes, Eyes, Fingers, Back, Ears, Hair, Nose, Teet (aka Teeth)

Phrases, Greetings, Commands, Etc.:
Stoller Riyde (aka Stroller Ride), E-I-E-I-O, Bye-Bye, Hi, , No, On, Off, Hot, Cowd (aka Cold) (again he often confuses Hot & Cold), Chilly Chilly, Too (aka Also), Pease (aka Please), Tank Oo (aka Thank You), Eccuse Me (aka Excuse Me), More, Mice (aka Mine), One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Nine, Pop (or Pop Boon, aka Pop Balloon), Owie, Hurt, Hunry (aka Hungry), Dirty, Beep, Whoa, Pree (aka Pretty), Nieece (aka Nice), Kiss, Lub Oo (aka Love You), Amen, Go Boo (aka Go Blue), Mess, Owside (aka Outside), Dinner, Munch (aka Lunch), Breafast (aka Breakfast), Uh Happen (aka What Happened?), Oo Ee Asher (aka Something he likes to sing to himself), Cean Up Cean Up (aka The Clean Up Song), I Wa Git Down (aka I want to get down), Done, Oooie Howie (aka Can you Help Me?), Howie (Heavy), Mamma Bun (aka I want some), Double Double Double D (aka Twinkle, Twinkle, Twinkle Star...not sure how he got this one), Birtday Mama (aka Happy Birthday to Mama), Fast, Boat Ride, Giddy Up Horsey (often said to Eric or I while hold him), Up Der (aka Up There, but in true Yooper fashion)

At this point, this is what I can think of, but I know there are more.  I cannot believe how large the list is.  His vocabulary his really taken off in the last couple of months!  In addition to the individual words he says, he is starting to put words together to make simple sentences and has also started to sing a lot.  It makes me happy because I have been told my entire life that I learned to sing before I learned to talk and would often sing (at the top of my lungs) in the car before I knew any words to put with them (which apparently drove my brother totally crazy!).  Although Asher sings at a much more reasonable volume level, I can't help but smile at the thought that he got that from me...and I will say that he actually has pretty good pitch too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment