![]() |
| Asher & Eric finally getting around to putting Asher's new big boy bed together |
![]() |
| Playing on the new bed. |
After nap time that afternoon, we surprised Asher with a Belated Birthday Gift, not from us, but from his Auntie Julie, Uncle Dave, Cousin Emmett, Uncle Rob and Negin. It had come while we were gone and our neighbor stored it away for us until we returned. To make it even more of a surprise, I quickly wrapped it up and then let Asher open it. He was pretty excited once he saw the gift and could barely contain himself while he waited for Eric to put it together!
Video: Belated Birthday Gift
As soon as it was put together, it was time to take it for a spin. He is still a little small for it and doesn't understand how to peddle yet (which is ok, because he can grow into it), but he loves to be pushed around on it and loves to push it around himself.
On Tuesday night, after we got home from work Asher was quite silly. First, he became obsessed with our shoes and needed to make sure that they were all together in a pile. He took all of our shoes from the shoe closet and placed them on the rug. Then he continued to go around and get any other shoes he could find in the area to make sure they were on the rug as well.
Video: Shoe Obsession
Later that same night, he was having a good time playing before bed with Daddy. One of his new phrases is "Giddyup Horsey", and it is pretty darned cute! :)
2 Video: Giddyup Horsey
The next day was Wednesday, which meant it was also my day off. Unfortunately, it wasn't a typical day full of fun with and loving on our little guy. Instead, it was a day full of doctor's appointments. First, I had another ultrasound (more on that another time). Next, we had Asher's 2 year check-up. He was given the green light to switch to regular (non-whole) milk, is a very healthy little boy, and was measured at 36 inches tall (90th percentile for height), 31lb 3oz (80th percentile for weight) with a head circumference of 20.5 inches (99th percentile...takes after his daddy!) :)
After Asher's appointment, we headed back home to play for a little bit and then I brought him to daycare, so that he could have lunch and his nap there, while I went to my third (and final) appointment of the day: a check-up for 'M' (again, all is well) and also get a little nap for myself. When my appointment was over, I headed back to get my boy so we could enjoy the rest of the day together. We had a good afternoon playing in the yard and enjoying the summer air. I was watching him and relaxing in one of our chairs, when I saw the wheels turning in Asher's head and found him working on a new idea/structure...
![]() |
| So proud of himself...he wasn't very happy when I made him get down (AFTER taking some pictures, of course!) |
On Friday night, we enjoyed a great time of food and fellowship at our friend's Britni & Fabien's home, and then it was the weekend again (yay!).
On Saturday I got up and headed back to the hospital for ANOTHER appointment. This one was my 3-hour glucose test, since I failed the 1-hour. Thankfully, I have since received notice that I passed, so yay for no gestational diabetes! Since I was gone for all of the morning though, that meant that Daddy had to entertain Asher alone, which means: Menards!
![]() |
| My boys sent me an iMessage photo while I did my test. |
![]() |
| & I sent one back. |
![]() |
| Eric laughing at Asher's reaction to the lake water. |
![]() |
| My boys throwing rocks into the lake. |
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher+&+Eric.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher+&+Eric.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher+&+Eric.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher+&+Eric.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher+&+Eric.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher+&+Eric.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher+&+Eric.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Eric+&+Asher.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Me.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Eric+&+Asher.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Eric+&+Asher.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Eric+&+Asher.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Eric+&+Asher.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment